07 February 2013

Soft Infinity Scarf


Bufanda Infinito Suave
(Crochet)




I recently discovered in YouTube a great tutorial for an infinity scarf, and I thought I should share it with you…
Recientemente descubrí en YouTube un video que explica cómo hacer una bufanda infinito, y pensé en compartirla con ustedes…






This scarf is made in crochet, but looks knitted.  It uses an interesting stitch that I had never seen before, but it is really easy.  Just follow the instructions in the YouTube tutorial: How To Crochet A Round Scarf Step By StepTutorial [click for the link, or watch the video down below…]
Esta bufanda está hecha en ganchillo (crochet), pero parece tejida en dos agujas.  Se usa una puntada interesante que nunca había visto antes, pero es muy fácil.  Simplemente se siguen las instrucciones en YouTube (en inglés): How To Crochet A Round Scarf Step ByStepTutorial [pueden abrir el enlace, o ver el video más abajo…]




You can make it as long or as short as you want. I even added some crochet strips with a button, for a special touch.
Pueden hacerla tan larga o corta como les guste.  Yo le añadí una cinta en ganchillo con un botón, para darle un toque especial.



One tip: to make it fluffy, use a hook a little larger than the yarn calls for (for a medium yarn you can use a 7mm hook, instead of the usual 5mm).
Una sugerencia:   Para que quede suave, se debe usar un ganchillo más grande que lo usual (para una lana mediana, se puede usar una aguja de 7mm, en lugar del usual 5mm). 



One warning:  They can be addictive.  Personally, I have made a bunch of them with worsted yarn, and also with bulky yarn—which I will show you in a few days…
Una advertencia: Pueden ser adictivas.  Ya he hecho varias con lana mediana, y también con lana más gruesa—las cuales les mostraré en unos días…   



I encourage you to give it a try.  You will be surprised on how easy it is, and how soft the outcome is…
Les animo a hacerla.  Se van a sorprender cuán fácil es, y cuán suave es.  El video es en inglés, pero pueden sacar la puntada viéndolo. (Comienza con 180 cadenas…) 




...or watch it here...
[ Video en inglés






27 comments:

  1. I love infinity scarves and this pattern is lovely. The pinky/purply one is beautiful! What yarn is it? Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth! I supposed you are referring to the second one...Maybe the picture is not so accurate, because it is more an autumn red mixed with brown and raspberry. It is Caron Simply Soft Paints. All the others are a Turkish brand (Madame Tricote). All of them are worsted yarn.

      Delete
  2. Ana, me gustan todas.
    Gracias por el enlace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful Ana I love it, how much yarn do they take? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it takes about 100 gr---and I made most of them from 10 to 12 rows. If you want a wider one (which I would make if we didn´t have such a mild winter), it might take 150 to 180 gr. You should give it a try...it is really nice and so easy, once you learn the stitch.

      Delete
  5. These look so warm and soft! I love that you added a button onto some of them; buttons and crochet look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/07/2013

    Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muchos Gracias for sharing! Made one straight away! Greetings from Ireland! Alina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana, espectaculates éstas bufandas y cuellos!
    y el video lo explica genial!
    me ha gustado mucho éste post!
    Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this I made one for my daughter today. She loves it and I started one with Caribs simply soft.
    I'm using a smaller hook for that did you us the same size? Thanks for all you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent to hear that you tried it already ;-) I used different hooks for different yarns... and you should use the one you feel works best for you. Only, for this pattern, try to use a hook larger than "normal", so that the scarf comes out soft and flexible. I´d suggest to make a small gauge just to make sure what hook works better, befor you cast on the large chain foundation...

      Delete
  10. Hej, här va det mycket fint.. Kul att se vad du har virkat, så många fina barn filtar!! De är så fina!.. Ha en bra dag! kram från Finland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precioso Ana y no parece dificil.
    Gracias por enseñarnoslo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ana, these are all so very beautiful and in such lovely colors. You always take something simple and give it that extra little touch -- love the button and crochet strips. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ana,
    I made two of these scarfs for my daughter. (http://dehakerij.blogspot.nl/search?q=scarf)
    She loves them!
    I like the look of them very much but I find them to wide and therefor not warm enough.
    And when I try to wrap them three times around my neck I have the feeling that I am strangling myself.
    Maybe I should make one a little less wide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great, Estella!!! The beauty of this pattern is that it can be easily adapted to the length and width that you prefer. I personally made them shorter (for just 2 wraps) and not as wide (because our winters are mild here). yes...try to modify it to fit your preferences.
      Ana BC

      Delete
  14. Ana, these are beautiful! The red one is my favourite! I think this is the next thing to start after the vest for my grandma !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this scarf, I just finished one in varigated colors called cherry chip. I made the wide one, I would have rather had written instructions, but the video tutorial was very easy to understand. I will be making more and gonna make some with buttons, I love the idea of pulling the wider one up and using as a hood if needed! Thank you for your hard work and efforts and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful!!! It is hard to stop at one, isn't it? It is a great gift idea...

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow so easy and cute!! but i had a couple problmes...1) its not long enough ?? would that be because my hook is smaller or because i dont know how to count haha and 2) it has twists in in like its not flat??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) I'd suggest you make more foundation chains to adjust it to your desired length--that easy! (I actually had to make mine smaller than the original).
      2) You need to make sure the chains are not twisted so it won't twist later. I know that is hard...but what I do sometimes is to make the first row flat, and THEN close it. That way it will be easier to make sure it stays flat and not twisted. [Note: It will be open in the bottom, but you can close it simply by joining the tail at the beginning with the bottom of the first row.
      I hope this helps...

      Delete
  18. Beautiful. Loved your tut, I can do this, can't wait. Thank you for sharing your lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12/13/2014

    Very lovely, I was wondering if you have a written pattern for the scarf for those who may want to create it by reading a pattern?


    Thank you,

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yvette,
      The pattern is not mine. I just followed the instructions on the video in the link ;-)

      Delete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...