15 June 2015

Jeans Summer Top

(Knit)

Who says we can´t wear knits in summer?  Short sleeves and cotton combine perfectly with warmer weather. 
¿Quién dice que no se pueden usar tejidos en el verano?  Las mangas cortas y el algodón combinan bien con un clima cálido…










This is a knit top with a loose fit.  I used some cotton yarns which I normally use with crochet because of their light weight; but I thought that by combining them they could work well with knitting—and it did! I love the effect of combining the blue and the cream color, which gives it a “jeans look”.  The only crochet touch is in the neck part. I took a risk because it was all improvised.  I am very happy with the result, but if I could change anything I would make the bottom border with ribbing instead of moss st. (and I am already planning the next one…)

Esta blusa está tejida con algodones livianos.  Usualmente uso estos hilos con ganchillo, pero al combinarlos se puede tejer perfectamente con dos agujas.  Me gusta mucho el efecto de combinar el hilo azul con el crema, pues le da un aspecto de “jeans” (mezclilla).  El único detalle en ganchillo es el cuello.  Tomé un riesgo al hacer esta blusa ya que fue totalmente improvisada.  Estoy satisfecha con el resultado; pero si pudiera cambiar algo sería el borde de abajo: en lugar de punto arroz usaría un resorte para que ajuste un poco (así haré el siguiente…)


18 comments:

  1. Wundervoll!
    Liebe Grüße, Manja

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, very summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great success. It looks perfect for casual summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely top Ana, I think the moss stitch border looks great. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta el estilo jeans!
    y el detalle del cuello es perfecto!
    Muchas felicidades por éste nuevo y maravilloso proyecto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Ana, I hope you enjoy wearing it! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please a pattern love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please a pattern love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! Didi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que lindo, me gustaría aprender a tejer a dos agujas.

    Saludos desde Costa Rica, Pura Vida ¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. debes animarte, Geovanna. Es un poco más difícil que el ganchillo, pero el resultado vale la pena :-)

      Delete
  12. What a lovely summery design! I am picturing it in a pink and white combo - like strawberry and vanilla ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet and easy,congratulations and greetings,anna

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...