09 June 2016

Cotton Poncho

(Crochet)

A light poncho in cotton…
Un pocho liviano en algodón…










This poncho is made in crochet, using fine cotton, double thread (hook 4mm).  All in Dcs.  It is made from side to side, in order to get the colored vertical lines on the sleeves.  The background color is all in cream, with the lines in different shades of blue, and a touch of light brown and grey.  It was a little tricky to make the neck part, but it worked.  Finally, I made a few stitches on the sides so that they would not open too much when worn.  And I am really happy with the final result.


Este poncho está hecho en ganchillo, usando hilo de algodón fino, con doble hilo y un gancho de 4mm. Está tejido de lado a lado, para darle el efecto de las líneas verticales en las mangas. La base del poncho es en color crema, y las líneas en tonos de azul, con un toque de café claro y gris. Fue un poco difícil diseñar el cuello, pero salió bien al final.  Cosí unos puntos en el interior de las mangas para evitar que se abriera por los lados.  Al final, quedé satisfecha con el resultado final.

10 comments:

  1. muy bonito te ha quedado, besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, Ana--just different enough from the sort of standard poncho, slightly more dressed up, but I imagine it's just as easy to wear, too. I like the neckline with that little tie/bead touch! I you ever get a yen to write up your pattern, I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I think this would get a lot of use. Very clever.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing, a lovely addition to the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love those blue and brown accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Ana! ♥ Great design and I like this color combination :-). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! Where can I get the pattern? I would love to make this for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bardzo ładne poncho ! Pozdrawiam !

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Ana just perfect for Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...